Friday, January 22, 2010

Blog #9-Background Info

I asked my mentor a few questions about her background and she decided to send some of her answers to me in email form so I could have it documented.

"Soo here’s a bit of background for you
I was raised as a binational kid, I have dual citizenship, and moved back and forth between San Diego, Mexico City, and Cuernavaca, Morelos for most of my life.
I got my BA in humanities at Soka University of America, a liberal arts school in OC whose main focus is to promote the idea of “creating value”, which is the literal meaning of Soka (a Japanese work). I also have a Minor in Fine Arts
Travelled and lived all over after high school, in between college studies, and post my BA degree : Florence, Tokyo, Mexico city, Seattle and its been by encompassing both college studies and travels that I decided to focus my efforts in the environment and education field.
I’ve worked all over in order to get here, many unrelated positions like more community service and public relations or advocacy and legislation promotion, but I think the job that got me here was at Pronatura Mexico AC, the largest Mexico-based environemental nonprofit, as a Communications and Publications Consultant for two years. I helped in events, website, translation, editor and writer of their magazine. Definitely the building blocks to where I stand today."

No comments:

Post a Comment